Almonds might very well be one of my favorite snacks. Add in some delicious matcha, green tea powder and I’m in snacking heaven. I have a slight obsession with matcha anything. It’s not only delicious but packed full of healthy benefits.
Matcha is stone ground green tea leaves, so finely ground that it comes in a fine powder form. Check out of matcha’s magical powers:
– Contains tons of antioxidants
-Said to contain cancer fighting properties
-Fights pesky bacteria and viruses
-Helps to rid your body of toxins
– Doesn’t raise insulin levels
– Mood Enhancer
– Helps to lower appetite and curb food cravings
I decided to pair my beloved matcha with some almonds I had hanging out in the cabinet. This was a great idea, it just was. I could snack on these little green treats all day. These candied almonds are not only tasty but they are easy to make. The perfect on the go snack. You could also use different nuts in place of the almonds, whatever nut you love best. Bake these delicious morsels for a crunchy, appetite curbing, energy boosting, treat. Click Here for your $3 off your first order of Matcha from Matcha Source
- 2½ cups of almonds
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons Matcha, Green Tea Powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whip egg whites until frothy.
- Whisk sugar, matcha, and salt to combine.
- Add Sugar mixture, vanilla and nuts to foamy eggs whites.
- Stir to coat the almonds evenly.
- Spread onto your prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place into your preheated oven.
- Bake for 45 min, stirring and turning nuts every 15 min. The coating will begin to harden and turning nuts helps to redistribute the candy coating as it bakes.
- Let the candied nuts cool and serve or place in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.
These really turned out wonderfully, and I hope you other green tea fanatics enjoy this recipe as much as I do. They could be a great gift for your fellow green tea frap lovers, and a sweet after workout snack.
Now… what other recipes can I throw some matcha powder in?!