Have I mentioned how much I love coffee? Well if I haven’t, I really do. So much, in fact, that I have a long list of recipe ideas involving coffee, and this is one of them. My Vitamin helps me too make this perfect frothy beverage and it’s a real treat. Did I also mention that there is Kahlúa blended into this special treat. Now while it might not be suggested to take this boozy pick me up to the office… I would suggest this as a perfect evening or weekend night cap. I’m not the only one who like cappuccinos late at night, am I? I would’t feel guilty if I was the only person on the planet that did, because I’d think everyone else was crazy.
There is something I find terribly soothing and comforting about a great caffeinated hot beverage. I’ve been known to order one at the end of a night out. I’ve even been scoffed at when ordering a cup o’ joe late in a seedy karaoke bar. It was darn good coffee for an establishment that serves a night filled with howling and out of tune, shenanigans.
Quit judging me. If you haven’t stopped wagging your finger at me because of my coffee addiction, you will after you try this Coconut Kahlua Latte recipe. I tried many different ingredient variations and this came out exactly how I wanted it. If you love coffee as much as I do, I suggest investing in a Bodum mug like this one. These double walled beauties keep the coffee hot for much longer than your traditional mug. Not to mention, your layered beverages shine in these hand blown beverage receptacles.
The use of a Vitamix blender leaves a wonderful froth on the top of this drink. If you don’t own a Vitamin however, there are alternative directions in the recipe below. Just check out that Vitamix froth though….
This Coconut Kahlua Latte is frothy, delicious, and flavorful. Decorate the rim of your glass with some coconut shavings and you’re ready for an espresso experience.
- 2 ounces Kahlua
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons cream of coconut
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 shots of espresso (alternatively you could use ¾ cup coffee but this will effect the texture and strength of the cocktail)
- Place the Kahlua, milk, cream of coconut, cinnamon and sugar into the container of your vitamin blender. Blend on high for a few minutes until hot.( if you don't own a vitamix, heat the ingredients over the stove until warm, then add to a blender for frothiness.
- Pour into 2 mugs or glasses, and top with an espresso shot. Pour the espresso shot carefully for a beautifully layered Latte.