This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerOfGrilling #CollectiveBias
Grilling season is upon us, and I couldn’t think of a better go-to destination for all my grilling needs. Giant Eagle is the ultimate foodie location. I can attain almost any ingredient my heart desires, and that is especially true when referring to my grilling adventures. It’s definitely toasty outside, and with the unlimited options for adventures this time of year, grilling is a great way to entertain and share your favorite dishes with loved ones.
I’m always thoroughly impressed by the vast selection of quality products overtime I stop into Giant Eagle Market District in Carmel, Indiana. It is the ultimate grilling headquarters- from my container of Blue Rhino propane to the ice cream selection. I wanted to dish up a great burger recipe. Barbecue Burgers are messy and delicious, making for the perfect outdoor meal this time of year. Needless to say, a good barbecue burger makes for a super satisfying grilling session. The array of Giant Eagle products left me thinking creatively. I chose to use the Giant Eagle Gourmet Seasoned Beef Burgers, made from Certified Angus Beef. These are top notch burgers, pre-shaped and ready for grilling. That left me time to cook up a delicious Pepsi BBQ sauce, and also allows me moments to enjoy time with friends and family while grilling out.
As I pushed my cart through Market District’s foodie paradise I began filling my cart with all the necessary toppings for these juicy burgers: Kraft Natural Cheese Slices, fresh yellow onions, some crisp field greens, burger buns, and Pepsi now has these adorable Emoji edition bottles that were too summer appropriate not to grab.
These burgers really shine and the Pepsi Barbecue sauce is easy to simmer up and crazy delicious. These Giant Eagle Barbecue Burgers will have you face deep in deliciousness. We’re outside so don’t worry about dripping Barbecue sauce. I just let my dogs clean up the saucy mess that I left on the patio concrete, no worries!
Giant Eagle Barbecue Burgers Recipe
- 1 cup Pepsi
- 1 cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1½ teaspoons liquid smoke
- 5 Tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- few drops of hot sauce, to desired heat level
- 4 Giant Gourmet Seasoned Beef Burgers
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Pepsi Barbecue Sauce
- 4 Ciabatta or Buns of choice
- frield greens or lettuce for topping
- thinly sliced onions for topping
- 4 slices Kraft Natural Cheese slices for topping
- Combine all the barbecue sauce ingredients, whisk together well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced a little and thickened.
- Use the barbecue sauce immediately for your burgers or transfer to a large jar. Cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
- Preheat you propane or charcoal grill to high heat, making sure the grilling grates are clean and well oiled.
- Coat each burger in a little of the olive oil.
- Grill over medium high heat until seared well and to desired doneness.
- Add cheese to the hot burger patties to allow them to melt.
- Build your burgers, being sure to top them generously with the Pepsi Barbecue sauce.