This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PassTheTEN #CollectiveBias
On a regular trip to my local Walmart, I picked up a good ol’ bottle of SUNKIST® TEN™ to create a time saving, yet delicious mocktail recipe that I could share over the holidays. Before I get into things, be sure to snag this Coupon for $1 off two Liters of SUNKIST® TEN™. I do a serious amount of baking. With all the patisserie fun, one of my favorite pastries is most definitely an Orange Cinnamon Bun. I get an extreme satisfaction watching the frosting roll down the sides and into the crevices of this pinwheel of doughy, citrusy, cinnamon goodness. I take a long, deep breath and enjoy the sensual scent wafting around me. There is something about this special fragrance that always leaves me weak at the knees.
You might be confused, asking where I’m going with all this pastry talk when I’m clearly supposed to be sharing with you a mocktail recipe. Well, I was pondering the wonders of Orange Cinnamon Rolls, when it hit me that the wonderful flavors would be perfect if used in a drink. The Holidays are fast approaching, and I’m always trying to think up new recipes that can be enjoyed among all my spectacular family and friends. I’m clearly looking for brownie points, as I’ve got a fairly long christmas wish list this year.
However, while the Orange Cinnamon Roll drink sounds like a decadent treat, I’ll be counting my calories with all the pastry recipes I’ve been diving into lately. I want a drink recipe to impress, without spending all of my time concocting a liquid masterpiece while I’ve got tons of other things to do.
I put my thinking cap on, and was able to come up with a show stopping recipe, while using only 5 ingredients, and cutting back the calories using SUNKIST® TEN™. It’s fast, easy, beautiful, and decadent tasting. Plus,I don’t have to feel so guilty drinking this, while I’m eating my weight in baked goods over the holiday season.
I wish I would have come up with this gorgeous, guilt-free treat years ago. I found it hard to find fast, alcoholic free drink recipes that I truly enjoyed. One too many alcoholic beverages, and I’m burning the turkey because I forgot to baste. However this could be turned into a fast and delicious cocktail with the addition of your favorite Cinnamon Whiskey. You can thank me by sending me cookies. I’ll have room for the calories if I stick to drinking this lower calorie liquid gold.
Want more Mocktail Recipes? Check out these other awesome TEN™ soda mocktails, and be sure to vote for your favorite.
Tell me, what’s your favorite way to enjoy TEN™ sodas?
- ½ of an Orange, washed and sliced
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon sugar, additional for rims of glasses
- 1 cup SUNKIST® TEN™ soda
- 1 cup melted, but cool, Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt
- 2 candied orange slices, optional
- Cinnamon Whiskey for alcoholic variation
- Using one of the orange slices, coat the edges of two 8-10oz cocktail glasses with it’s juices (Coupe Champagne glasses were used in the recipe photos).
- Place a layer of cinnamon sugar onto a plate that is wide enough to dip each glass. Dip the tops of the glasses into the cinnamon sugar, coating the edges.
- Place 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon sugar into the base of each glass.
- Pour ½ cup SUNKIST® TEN™ into each glass. Allow a few seconds for the foam to subside before continuing.
- Once the foam and carbonation has subsided, carefully pour ½ cup of the melted (yet cool) Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt over the back of a spoon atop the SUNKIST® TEN™. Pouring over the back of the spoon helps to place the Ice cream layer above the soda layer, leaving a layered look rather than the two mixing.
- You will see that a layer of cinnamon sugar has risen along the edges of the melted ice cream layer. Use a toothpick to pull the cinnamon sugar from the sides, towards the center of the glass, creating a swirl effect.
- Garnish with fresh (or candied) orange slices. Optional Alcoholic Variation: Add cinnamon whiskey before the other liquid ingredients, amount not specified, just to your taste.