Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Honey dew, I just love them all. I love how refreshing they are. Cantaloupe is definitely my favorite, but all the melons have a special place in my heart. I love having this Ginger-Mint Melon Salad recipe around on these hot summer days, it’s just what I need to cool down and quench an appetite
The melon pieces are coated in a fun ginger syrup and sprinkled with fresh mint. It’s super light, super simple, super melony, and super tasty. Best eaten on a beach, boat, or just sunbathing. It’s picnic fare worth bragging about.
- 4 cups varied, diced melon, such as Cantaloupe, honey dew, and watermelon
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ inch piece of fresh ginger root,
- 2 tbsp minced fresh mint leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine the sugar,water, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Add the ginger piece and boil for 1 min. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can leave this ginger syrup to infuse overnight if you want a stronger ginger taste, or less for more mellow. Once ginger simple syrup has infused, strain through a sieve to remove ginger pieces.
- Combine the melon in a large bowl.
- Pour the ginger simple syrup over the melon.
- Add minced mint leaves and salt.
- Toss to coat the melon pieces evenly in the ginger syrup and mint.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.